June 13, 2024

Italian journalist Ciro Venerato has revealed that Tottenham have now contacted Napoli’s sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli regarding a switch to North London.

Fabio Paratici resigned from his role as managing director of football at Tottenham last month after his worldwide ban was upheld, with the Lilywhites now thought to be on the lookout for a new sporting director (Evening Standard).

In fact, Sky Germany reported last week that one of the roadblocks for Spurs in their pursuit of Julian Nagelsmann was the fact that they had no director in place, with the former Bayern Munich boss seeking clarity on who he would be working under.

This information was backed up by The Daily Mail, who claimed a couple of days ago that Tottenham are in the process of finding a replacement for Paratici, with Brentford technical director Lee Dykes and German sports director Johannes Spors both said to be on the club’s wishlist.

Venerato has now revealed that Spurs have also reached out to Giuntoli, who is alleged to also be of interest to Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain.

The journalist said on Domenica Sportiva (as relayed by Tutto Juve): “The Neapolitan experience of Cristiano Giuntoli has perhaps reached its epilogue.

“Juve is mainly involved in Tuscany, but in recent weeks, he has also had contacts with Manchester United, Tottenham and Paris Saint-Germain.”

Spurs Web Opinion

Napoli’s recruitment has been exceptional for the last few years and that has undoubtedly been the main catalyst in their Scudetto win this season.

So, I am certainly not surprised to hear that Giuntoli is now on the radars of several top clubs across Europe.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *