June 13, 2024

West Ham, Fulham and Burnley all ‘close’ to same player – Trio told they need €20m for signing

Burnley, Fulham and West Ham United are all today named in the race for Union Berlin striker Sheraldo Becker

 

Sheraldo Becker - Union Berlin's late-blooming bagman outshooting Mane,  Nkunku and co...

 

The information is brought by German outlet Sport Bild, who share some news on the transfer plans of the Bundesliga side.

Their story claims that Becker’s departure from Union Berlin ‘cannot be ruled out’, as he’s ‘hoping for a move’ to the Premier League.
That’s where Burnley, Fulham and West Ham are all brought in, with the outlet saying those clubs are all ‘close to him’.

 

Union Berlins Sheraldo Becker über Wechsel in der Bundesliga oder ins  Ausland | Transfermarkt

Another reason why Becker may be at the exit door is that he changed agents a few weeks ago, with Sport Bild saying he’s now represented by Volker Struth’s agency Sports360.

 

 

As for the price that Burnley, Fulham or West Ham would need to pay to sign the striker this summer, it’s claimed that the Bundesliga side are ‘hoping’ to get him sold for €20m. Since his contract expires next year, there could be a little pressure for him to be gone this summer.

 

Playing for the German club last season, Becker had 12 goals and 10 assists in 48 appearances.

 

READ MORE

Ex-Portsmouth starlet and former Burnley and Wycombe triallist without a club after 23 goals in two seasons

A former Pompey starlet is seeking a new club after departing Dorchester.
The diminutive striker linked-up with Dorchester in September 2021 following a heartbreaking Fratton Park release and subsequent trials at Burnley, Wycombe and Eastleigh.
He has since totalled 23 goals in 80 appearances for the Magpies, representing his first spell in senior football.

Now the 21-year-old former Mayfield School pupil, who has featured twice for Pompey, is on the lookout for a fresh challenge.

 

Alfie Stanley was among a large number of young Pompey players released in the summer of 2021. He has since played 80 times at Dorchester. Picture: Nigel Keene/ProSportsImages

 

Stanley has bounced back after having a Blues contract cruelly snatched away from him in June 2021 when he was about to sign.

That signalled the end of 13 years at the club he supports, becoming another casualty of a clear-out which saw all Pompey Academy graduates and third-year scholars released.

That summer, he joined Charlie Bell, Harry Kavanagh, Harvey Rew, Eoin Teggart and Taylor Seymour in being shown the door.

Stanley had been named in six of Pompey’s last eight League One squads in 2021-22 under then interim head coach Danny Cowley.

It was involvement made possible through long-term injuries to Ellis Harrison and Jordy Hiwula, leaving John Marquis as the squad’s sole senior striker.

However, Stanley was never called upon and instead had to settle for two EFL Trophy appearances to his name in Pompey colours.

He subsequently ended up at Dorchester, breaking into double figures in each of his two campaigns, with 10 registered last term.

A Dorchester club statement said: ‘Dorchester Town Football Club can confirm that Alfie Stanley has left the club.

‘We thank Alfie for all of his efforts over the past couple of seasons, including scoring a number of important goals for the club, and we would like to wish him all the very best for the future.’

Boss Glenn Howes was also quoted: ‘We’re very thankful for Alfie’s contribution to the team, his professionalism and dedication to the game is one of the best I’ve witnessed. Alfie has produced many special moments for the club and supporters and we of course wish Alfie well with his next venture.’

Stanley becomes the fifth player to leave Dorchester this summer, joining Harvey Bradbury, the former Gosport striker and Pompey Academy graduate.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *